is a project for recording and analyzing Motion
Capture data, especially of marker based tracking systems. It is hosted
There are 3 programs:
- ARTrackingDump: Records data sent from an ARTrack system to the
network. It can record this data into a MySQL database, a file or to
standard output on the console.
- MoCapTracker: Tool to view and analyze the data, it contains
some special algorithms for identification and tracking of markers.
- C3DReader: For importing data into the motion capture database.
It can only cope with Intel-based C3D files.
All programs use a MySQL database as the main data storage.
ARTackingDump and MoCapTracker are written in Java. C3DReader is
written in C++ for Qt4 on Windows. It should also work on Linux but
this has not been tested thoroughly.
License for all programs is the GPL v3.
Documentation for the project is located in a Wiki. Bugs
reported on the corresponding Sourceforge page. Please use the forums
on Sourceforge as well if you want to discuss anything.
of the project as well as a description on how to get the most
recent development code out of the version control system
Subversion are available
on the relevant Sourceforge pages.
Contributors for the project are:
- Matthias Weber:
creator, maintainor and main developer of the project,
- Alice Heinrich: helped to fix some bugs and to enhance the
software, wrote the Evaluation plugin,
- Martin Schreiber: initially wrote C3DReader.